A Scenic 10 Minutes From Queenstown
Onsen Retreat & Day Spa is located in what was once the gold mining town of Arthurs Point, only 10km from the centre of Queenstown and 13km from historic Arrowtown.
Driving Directions From Queenstown.
Take Gorge Road from the top of Shotover St. towards Arthurs Point. You‘ll pass a one-lane bridge at the Shotover Jet base. From there, climb the hill and watch for the Nugget Point Hotel on the right. We are located next to the Nugget point hotel. Car parking is available just behind ‘The Picture Framing’, with the main Onsen Retreat & Day Spa building located about 100m further away from the road down the winding track or stairs.
The hot pools are a short walk along a well sign-posted trail towards the Shotover River.
We recommend you arrive 15 min prior to your booking.
Please note that we are set below the level of the road and there are a number of steps to reach us. We do have a track leading down, and while not steep is it is long.
We operate a free courtesy shuttle bus service to / from central Queenstown. The service only operates for bookings that request transportation. So please make sure you book the shuttle as part of your package.
• 10 minute drive to/from Queenstown
• Seats 9 passengers
• We do not offer complimentary transport for bookings over 9 people
• Bookings essential
• Pick-up and drop-off at the Station Building in central Queenstown (see below for details)
• Shuttle service is only available for pool bookings on-the-hour (ie. 3pm, 4pm, etc.)
• Collects visitors 30 minutes prior to their booking (ie. 2:30pm, 3:30pm, etc.)
• Departs Onsen Retreat & Day Spa at quarter past each hour.
• Shuttle bus leaves the Station Building sharp at half past the hour, to ensure you are in your pool on time so please be punctual!
Note: The shuttle bus does not accommodate for pool bookings at half past the hour.
The Shuttle Bus pick-up / drop-off location is:
Bus Stop D, corner of Camp St and Shotover St.
Please wait at the brown benches outside ‘The Station & AJ Hackett Bungy’ building.
Please give us your mobile phone number when you call to make your booking. If our driver cannot find you when he comes to collect you, we’ll call you!
Apologies, but due to schedule constraints, we cannot pick-up / drop-off clients at their accommodation.
If you miss your shuttle bus ride it will be your responsibility to make your own way to Onsen Retreat & Day Spa.